Entry Title: CALIPSO Wide Field Camera Level 1B 125m Native Science data, Validated Stage 1 V3-01
Entry ID: CAL_WFC_L1_125m-ValStage1-V3-01
Aerosols Clouds Radiation Budget
CAL_WFC_L1_125m-ValStage1-V3-01 data are Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observation (CALIPSO) Wide Field Camera Level 1B 125m Native Science data. Version 3.01 includes new metadata parameters and corrections to several minor software bugs. Specifically, the Orbit Number and Path Number metadata parameters are now included to facilitate improved subsetting capabilities. The primary Wide Field Camera Level 1B data products are calibrated radiance and bidirectional reflectance registered to an Earth-based grid centered on the Lidar ground track. During the normal operation, the WFC acquires science data only during the daylight portions of the CALIPSO orbits. The Wide Field Camera Level 1B 125 m Native Science data product provides WFC radiance and reflectance measurements across just the central 5 km swath at 125 m resolution. No spatial interpolation is performed. Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observations (CALIPSO) was launched on April 28, 2006 to study the impact of clouds and aerosols on the Earth's radiation budget and climate. It flies in the international A-Train constellation for coincident Earth observations. The CALIPSO satellite comprises three instruments, the Cloud-Aerosol LIdar with Orthogonal Polarization (CALIOP), the Imaging Infrared Radiometer (IIR), and the Wide Field Camera (WFC). CALIPSO is a joint satellite mission between NASA and the French Agency, CNES.
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- A-Train Data Depot (ATDD) Description
- ASDC Data and Information for CALIPSO
- CALIPSO - List of project documentation (Data Products Catalog and ATBDs)
- CALIPSO Data Release Summary Statement
- Links to tools available through the ASDC
- Overview of CALIPSO Data at the ASDC
- CALIPSO - Data Availability Site
- CALIPSO Quality Statement: Wide Field Camera Level 1B Scans Data Release Versions: 3.01, 3.02
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- Overview of CALIPSO Data Product Maturity
- CALIPSO Products Overview
- CALIPSO - List of publications
- CALIPSO: Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observations Fact Sheet
- NASA Earth Observatory: Nighttime Ash Tracking - Vertical profile of the volcanic ash helps modelers issue more accurate warnings to pilots.
- NASA Earth Observatory: Polar Stratospheric Clouds - CALIPSO caught a top-down glimpse of an unusual atmospheric phenomenon - polar stratospheric clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory: Whitewater-Baldy Fire in New Mexico - Understanding how high wildfires send smoke into the atmosphere is one of the key pieces of information required to predict where and how a smoke plume will spread.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Experiment in the sky - A train of satellites follows the atmospheric effects of a volcanic eruption.
- CALIPSO Data User’s Guide - Frequently Asked Questions
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- VISIBLE RADIANCE
- INFRARED RADIANCE
- AEROSOL RADIANCE
- Track Homogeneity
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Coordinate System: Geodetic
Granule Spatial Representation: Geodetic
Temporal Coverage: 2006-06-13 - 2011-11-01
Temporal Resolution: 0.0186 second