Entry Title: CALIPSO Wide Field Camera Level 1B 1 km Registered Science data, Validated Stage 1 V3-01
Entry ID: CAL_WFC_L1_IIR-ValStage1-V3-01
Aerosols Radiation Budget
CAL_WFC_L1_IIR-ValStage1-V3-01 data are Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observation (CALIPSO) Wide Field Camera Level 1B 1 km Registered Science data. Version 3.01 includes new metadata parameters and corrections to several minor software bugs. Specifically, the Orbit Number and Path Number metadata parameters are now included to facilitate improved subsetting capabilities. The primary Wide Field Camera Level 1B data products are calibrated radiance and bidirectional reflectance registered to an Earth-based grid centered on the Lidar ground track. During the normal operation, the WFC acquires science data only during the daylight portions of the CALIPSO orbits. The Wide Field Camera Level 1B 1 IIR Registered Science grid provides WFC data on the identical grid as the CALIPSO IIR data and is produced to facilitate the use of the WFC data in the IIR retrievals. Cloud-Aerosol Lidar and Infrared Pathfinder Satellite Observations (CALIPSO) was launched on April 28, 2006 to study the impact of clouds and aerosols on the Earth's radiation budget and climate. It flies in the international A-Train constellation for coincident Earth observations. The CALIPSO satellite comprises three instruments, the Cloud-Aerosol LIdar with Orthogonal Polarization (CALIOP), the Imaging Infrared Radiometer (IIR), and the Wide Field Camera (WFC). CALIPSO is a joint satellite mission between NASA and the French Agency, CNES.
Citation Styles for this Dataset
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- A-Train Data Depot (ATDD) Description
- ASDC Data and Information for CALIPSO
- CALIPSO - List of project documentation (Data Products Catalog and ATBDs)
- CALIPSO Data Release Summary Statement
- Links to tools available through the ASDC
- Overview of CALIPSO Data at the ASDC
- CALIPSO - Data Availability Site
- CALIPSO Quality Statement: Wide Field Camera Level 1B Scans Data Release Versions: 3.01, 3.02
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- Overview of CALIPSO Data Product Maturity
- CALIPSO Products Overview
- NASA Earth Observatory: Nighttime Ash Tracking - Vertical profile of the volcanic ash helps modelers issue more accurate warnings to pilots.
- NASA Earth Observatory: Polar Stratospheric Clouds - CALIPSO caught a top-down glimpse of an unusual atmospheric phenomenon - polar stratospheric clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory: Whitewater-Baldy Fire in New Mexico - Understanding how high wildfires send smoke into the atmosphere is one of the key pieces of information required to predict where and how a smoke plume will spread.
- CALIPSO Data User’s Guide - Frequently Asked Questions
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- AEROSOL RADIANCE
- INFRARED RADIANCE
- VISIBLE RADIANCE
- Swath Homogeneity
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2006-06-13 - 2011-11-01
Temporal Resolution: 0.1488 second