Entry Title: CERES Bidirectional Scans JPSS-1 FM6 Edition1-CV
Entry ID: CER_BDS_J01-FM6_Edition1-CV
Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Bidirectional Scans (BDS) Data Set Abstract
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- Overview of HDF
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- Quality Summary: CERES BDS J01 (JPSS-1/NOAA-20) Edition1-CV
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- DPC-BDS R6V1 Data Products Catalog
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tropical Cloud Systems and CERES: Image of the Day - CERES detects the amount of outgoing heat and reflected sunlight leaving the planet.
- NASA Earth Observeratory Article: A Delicate Balance: Signs of Change in the Tropics - New data sets were also used from NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments that fly aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring...
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- NASA Earthdata Forum - CERES
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- INFRARED RADIANCE
- LONGWAVE RADIATION
- VISIBLE RADIANCE
- NET RADIATION
- SINK TEMPERATURE
- Converted Voltages and Torques
- Infrared Radiance
- Longwave (LW) Detector Output
- Longwave (LW) Filtered Radiance Upwards
- Longwave (LW) Radiation
- Net Radiation
- Shortwave (SW) Detector Output
- Shortwave (SW) Filtered Upward Radiance
- Shortwave (SW) Radiation
- Sink Temperature
- Total Detector Output
- Total Filtered Radiance Upwards
- Visible Radiance
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Not provided
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2018-01-05 - Present
Temporal Resolution: Daily