CERES Level 2
Entry Title: CERES Clouds and Radiative Swath Aqua FM3 MODIS Edition4A
Entry ID: CER_CRS_Aqua-FM3-MODIS_Edition4A
Aerosols Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
Overview of view hdf: A Visualization and Analysis Tool for HDF Files
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Overview of Aqua
- CERES Overview of TRMM
- CERES Overview of Terra
- HDF Science Data Set (SDS) Information Tool Overview
- HDF data manipulation software (applications to open a Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) file and display a browse image and/or data file information)
- Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) Overview
- Overview of HDF
- View HDF: A Visualization and Analysis Tool for HDF Files (overview of and resources for using view_hdf)
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- CERES Cloud Working Group Teleconference
- CERES Processing Level Details
- CERES Product Level Details
- Quality Summary: CERES Aqua Edition4A CRS
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES First Light Images: Image of the Day - These two Terra instruments join a previous CERES scanner on the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) which was launched on November 27, 1997
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tropical Cloud Systems and CERES: Image of the Day - CERES detects the amount of outgoing heat and reflected sunlight leaving the planet.
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- OUTGOING LONGWAVE RADIATION
- TOTAL PRECIPITABLE WATER > WATER VAPOR INDICATORS
- SOLAR IRRADIANCE
- CLOUD BASE TEMPERATURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD FRACTION > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- RADIATIVE FLUX
- NET RADIATION
- LONGWAVE RADIATION
- INCOMING SOLAR RADIATION
- SURFACE RADIATIVE PROPERTIES
- AEROSOL OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- SKIN TEMPERATURE > SURFACE TEMPERATURE
- CLOUD OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- Cloud Layer Area
- Longwave (LW) Flux
- Shortwave (SW) Flux
- Surface (Radiative) Flux
- Surface Type
- TOA (Top of Atmosphere) Flux
- Visible Optical Depth
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Not provided
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2018-01-01 - Present
Earth Observation Satellites
Earth Observing System, Aqua
Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System - Flight Model 3Total Detector Shortwave Detector Window Detector
Moderate-Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer
Created on 2023-02-14
Last updated on 2023-05-12