Entry Title: CERES ERBE-like Monthly Geographical Averages TRMM PFM Edition2
Entry ID: CER_ES4_TRMM-PFM_Edition2
Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES ERBE-like Monthly Geographic Averages (ES-4) Data Set Abstract
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Overview of NPP
- CERES Overview of TRMM
- Overview of HDF
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- Quality Summary: CERES ES4 TRMM-PFM Edition 2
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- DPC-ES-4 R7V1 Data Products Catalog
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tropical Cloud Systems and CERES: Image of the Day - CERES detects the amount of outgoing heat and reflected sunlight leaving the planet.
- NASA Earth Observeratory Article: A Delicate Balance: Signs of Change in the Tropics - New data sets were also used from NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments that fly aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring...
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- NASA Earthdata Forum - CERES
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
- ES-4 Collection Guide Release 1 Version 1
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- LONGWAVE RADIATION
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- OUTGOING LONGWAVE RADIATION
- Clear-Sky Albedo
- Clear-Sky Longwave (LW) Flux
- Clear-Sky Shortwave (SW) Flux
- Clear-Sky Solar Incidence
- Geographic Scene Type
- Net Flux
- TOA (Top of Atmosphere) Flux
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Not provided
Longitude Resolution: 2.5 degree
Latitude Resolution: 2.5 degree
Horizontal Resolution Range: 250 km - < 500 km or approximately 2.5 degrees - < 5.0 degrees
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 1998-01-01 - 2000-03-31
Temporal Resolution: Monthly