Entry Title: CERES Monthly Gridded Single Satellite Fluxes and Clouds Aqua FM4 Edition2B
Entry ID: CER_FSW_Aqua-FM4-MODIS_Edition2B
Clouds Radiation Budget
Citation Styles for this Dataset
Resources and Documentation
GET RELATED VISUALIZATION
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES Overview of Aqua
- CERES Terra Revision 1 Table
- HDF Science Data Set (SDS) Information Tool Overview
- HDF data manipulation software (applications to open a Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) file and display a browse image and/or data file information)
- Overview of HDF
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- CERES Cloud Working Group Teleconference
- Quality Summary: CERES Terra Edition 2 FSW & CERES Aqua Edition2 FSW
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: A Delicate Balance: Signs of Change in the Tropics - New data sets were also used from NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments that fly aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) as well as the newer Terra satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- CLOUD BASE PRESSURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- OUTGOING LONGWAVE RADIATION
- CLOUD TOP PRESSURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD BASE HEIGHT > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- Clear-Sky Albedo
- Clear-Sky Longwave (LW) Flux
- Clear-Sky Shortwave (SW) Flux
- Clear-Sky Solar Incidence
- Cloud Base Pressure
- Cloud Layer Area
- Cloud Overlap
- Cloud Particle Phase
- Ice Particle Diameter
- Liquid Water Path
- Net Flux
- Solar (Radiance) Flux
- Surface Type
- TOA (Top of Atmosphere) Flux
- Vertical Aspect Ratio
- Visible Optical Depth
- Water Particle Radius
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Not provided
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2002-07-01 - 2005-03-31