CERES Level 3
Entry Title: CERES Monthly Gridded Single Satellite Fluxes and Clouds Terra FM2 Edition2C
Entry ID: CER_FSW_Terra-FM2-MODIS_Edition2C
Aerosols Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
Overview of view hdf: A Visualization and Analysis Tool for HDF Files
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES Overview of Terra
- CERES Terra Revision 1 Table
- HDF Science Data Set (SDS) Information Tool Overview
- HDF data manipulation software (applications to open a Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) file and display a browse image and/or data file information)
- Overview of HDF
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- CERES Cloud Working Group Teleconference
- CERES Processing Level Details
- CERES Product Level Details
- Quality Summary: CERES Terra Edition 2 FSW & CERES Aqua Edition2 FSW
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- Angular Distribution Models for Top-of-Atmosphere Radiative Flux Estimation from the Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System Instrument on the Terra Satellite. Part II: Validation
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: A Delicate Balance: Signs of Change in the Tropics - New data sets were also used from NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments that fly aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) as well as the newer Terra satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES First Light Images: Image of the Day - These two Terra instruments join a previous CERES scanner on the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) which was launched on November 27, 1997
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- AEROSOL OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS
- CLOUD BASE HEIGHT > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- OUTGOING LONGWAVE RADIATION
- CLOUD TOP PRESSURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD BASE PRESSURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- Clear-Sky Albedo
- Clear-Sky Longwave (LW) Flux
- Clear-Sky Shortwave (SW) Flux
- Clear-Sky Solar Incidence
- Cloud Base Pressure
- Cloud Layer Area
- Cloud Overlap
- Cloud Particle Phase
- Ice Particle Diameter
- Liquid Water Path
- Net Flux
- Solar (Radiance) Flux
- Surface Type
- TOA (Top of Atmosphere) Flux
- Vertical Aspect Ratio
- Visible Optical Depth
- Water Particle Radius
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Not provided
Horizontal Resolution Range: 100 km - < 250 km or approximately 1 degree - < 2.5 degrees
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2000-03-01 - 2006-02-28
Temporal Resolution: Monthly
Earth Observation Satellites
Earth Observing System, TERRA (AM-1)
Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System Scanner
Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System - Flight Model 2
Created on 2014-01-10
Last updated on 2022-06-13