Entry Title: CERES Daily Daytime Mean Regionally Averaged Terra and Aqua TOA Fluxes and Associated Cloud Properties Stratified by Optical Depth and Effective Pressure Edition4A
Entry ID: CER_FluxByCldTyp-Day_Terra-Aqua-MODIS_Edition4A
Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Overview of Aqua
- CERES Overview of Terra
- Links to tools available through the ASDC
- Unidata Overview of Network Common Data Form (NetCDF)
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- Quality Summary: CERES_FluxByCldTyp-Day/Month_Ed4A (5/29/2020)
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- Angular Distribution Models for Top-of-Atmosphere Radiative Flux Estimation from the Clouds and the Earth’s Radiant Energy System Instrument on the Terra Satellite. Part II: Validation
- CERES publications by year - 1993 through present
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- NASA Earthdata Forum - CERES
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- CLOUD TOP PRESSURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD LIQUID WATER/ICE > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS
- CLOUD FRACTION > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD DROPLET CONCENTRATION/SIZE > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- CLOUD TYPES
- OUTGOING LONGWAVE RADIATION
- CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD TOP HEIGHT > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- ATMOSPHERIC RADIATION
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Longitude Resolution: 1 degree
Latitude Resolution: 1 degree
Horizontal Resolution Range: 100 km - < 250 km or approximately 1 degree - < 2.5 degrees
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2002-07-01 - Present
Temporal Resolution: Daily