Entry Title: SatCORPS CERES GEO Edition 4 GOES-9 Southern Hemisphere Version 1.0
Entry ID: CER_GEO_Ed4_GOE09_SH_V01
Citation Styles for this Dataset
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- Overview of HDF
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- CLOUD MIDLAYER TEMPERATURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD FRACTION > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- CLOUD LIQUID WATER/ICE > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
(S: -60, N: 0), (W: -180, E: -170)
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2003-04-23 - 2005-07-06