Entry Title: CERES MODIS and GEO Cloud Retrievals in ISCCP-D2like Format Daytime Edition3A
Entry ID: CER_ISCCP-D2like-Mrg_GEO-MODIS-DAY_Edition3A
Clouds Radiation Budget
Citation Styles for this Dataset
Resources and Documentation
GET RELATED VISUALIZATION
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Input Data Sets (2000-2010)
- CERES Monthly Gridded Cloud Averages (ISCCP-D2like-Mrg) Data Set Abstract
- CERES Overview of Aqua
- CERES Overview of TRMM
- HDF Science Data Set (SDS) Information Tool Overview
- HDF data manipulation software (applications to open a Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) file and display a browse image and/or data file information)
- Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) Overview
- Overview of HDF
- View HDF: A Visualization and Analysis Tool for HDF Files (overview of and resources for using view_hdf)
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Clouds in the Balance
- Quality Summary: CERES_ISCCP-D2like_Ed3A (11/14/2013)
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Data Products Catalog R5V2 11/27/2013 Monthly Cloud Averages (ISCCP-D2like-Mrg)
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES First Light Images: Image of the Day - These two Terra instruments join a previous CERES scanner on the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) which was launched on November 27, 1997
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tropical Cloud Systems and CERES: Image of the Day - CERES detects the amount of outgoing heat and reflected sunlight leaving the planet.
- HDF Scientific Data Set (SDS) Information Utility Readme
- Readme Information on the CER_ISCCP-D2like-Mrg_GEO-MODIS-DAY_Edition3A Data Set
- View HDF Version 5 Readme
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- Read Software Package - ISCCP-D2like-Mrg_R5-988 - Direct File Download (.zip)
SCIENCE DATA PRODUCT SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- CLOUD LIQUID WATER/ICE > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- CLOUD OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- CLOUD FRACTION > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- CLOUD RADIATIVE TRANSFER
- CLOUD MIDLAYER TEMPERATURE > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- Cloud Effective Pressure
- Cloud Effective Temperature
HDF4 , NetCDF-3
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Not provided
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2000-03-01 - 2017-02-28