Entry Title: MOPITT Beta CO gridded monthly means (Thermal Infrared Radiances) V109
Entry ID: MOP03TM_109
Resources and Documentation
GET RELATED VISUALIZATION
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: MOPITT
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- ASDC List of MOPITT Quality Statements
- Examples on how to access and visualize various NASA HDF/HDF-EOS files using Python (pyhdf/h5py), NCL, MATLAB®, and IDL®, NCL, MATLAB®, and IDL®
- Earth Observing System Data and InformationSystem (EOSDIS) Article: On The Trail of Global Pollution Drift
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Bushfires Raging in Southeast Australia : Natural Hazards - Data taken by the Measurements Of Pollution In The Troposphere (MOPITT) instrument aboard NASA's Terra satellite have been combined for 6 days from January 15-20, 2003
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Carbon Monoxide from Tropical Fires : Natural Hazards - The Terra MOPITT sensor observed large plumes of carbon monoxide produced by biomass burning in South America and Africa in early August 2004.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Fires and Thick Smoke over South America : Natural Hazards - Places where MOPITT could not collect enough data to make an estimate of carbon monoxide (probably due to clouds) are gray.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: MOPITT First Light Image : Image of the Day - MOPITT measures radiances in several channels to determine the amount of carbon monoxide (CO) and methane in the atmosphere.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: MOPITT Views Carbon Monoxide Concentration, there were widespread wildfires across Montana and Idaho.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: MOPITT Views North America : Image of the Day - Measurement of Pollution in the Troposphere, MOPITT, measures two important pollutants in the Earth's atmosphere—carbon monoxide (CO) and methane.
- NASA Earthdata Article: Nature's contribution: Researchers investigate how much wildfires contribute to pollution, and how far this pollution can travel - By Jane Beitler
- NASA Langley Article: Fourteen Years of Carbon Monoxide from MOPITT, which has truly unlocked a pathway for groundbreaking studies of air pollution transport and atmospheric chemical processes.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) Article: Unexpected slowdown of US pollutant emission reduction in the past decade (Ground and satellite observations show that air pollution regulations in the United States (US) have resulted in substantial reductions in emissions and corresponding improvements in air quality over the last several decades)
- NASA Earthdata Forum - MOPITT Project Specific Forum
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- CARBON AND HYDROCARBON COMPOUNDS
- CARBON MONOXIDE > CARBON AND HYDROCARBON COMPOUNDS
- ATMOSPHERIC CHEMISTRY
- AIR QUALITY
- CARBON MONOXIDE
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal Vertical
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2018-03-01 - Present