Entry Title: CERES BDS Terra FM1 Edition 4
Entry ID: CER_BDS_Terra-FM1_Edition4
Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Bidirectional Scans (BDS) Data Set Abstract
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Overview of TRMM
- CERES Overview of Terra
- HDF Science Data Set (SDS) Information Tool Overview
- HDF data manipulation software (applications to open a Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) file and display a browse image and/or data file information)
- Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) Overview
- Overview of HDF
- View HDF: A Visualization and Analysis Tool for HDF Files (overview of and resources for using view_hdf)
- Quality Summary: CERES BDS (BiDirectional Scan) Terra Edition 4
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Data Products Catalog R5V1 4/11/2012 Bidirectional Scans (BDS)
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES First Light Images: Image of the Day - These two Terra instruments join a previous CERES scanner on the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) which was launched on November 27, 1997
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tropical Cloud Systems and CERES: Image of the Day - CERES detects the amount of outgoing heat and reflected sunlight leaving the planet.
- NASA Earth Observeratory Article: A Delicate Balance: Signs of Change in the Tropics - New data sets were also used from NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments that fly aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring...
- HDF Scientific Data Set (SDS) Information Utility Readme
- Readme Information on the CERES BDS Data Sets
- View HDF Version 5 Readme
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- Read Software Package - CERES BDS_Terra-FM1 - Direct File Download (.zip)
SCIENCE DATA PRODUCT SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION
- NASA Earthdata Forum - CERES
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- LONGWAVE RADIATION
- VISIBLE RADIANCE
- INFRARED RADIANCE
- SINK TEMPERATURE
- SENSOR COUNTS
- Converted Temperatures
- Converted Voltages and Torques
- Shortwave (SW) Detector Output
- Shortwave (SW) Filtered Upward Radiance
- Total Detector Output
- Total Filtered Radiance Upwards
- Window (Wn) Detector Output
- Window (Wn) Filtered Radiance Upwards
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2000-02-29 - Present
Temporal Resolution: Daily