Entry Title: CERES BDS Terra FM1 Edition 4
Entry ID: CER_BDS_Terra-FM1_Edition4
Citation Styles for this Dataset
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Bidirectional Scans (BDS) Data Set Abstract
- CERES Documentation
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Overview of Terra
- HDF Science Data Set (SDS) Information Tool Overview
- HDF data manipulation software (applications to open a Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) file and display a browse image and/or data file information)
- Overview of HDF
- Quality Summary: CERES BDS (BiDirectional Scan) Terra Edition 4
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- CERES Data Products Catalog
- CERES Data Products Catalog R5V1 4/11/2012 Bidirectional Scans (BDS)
- CERES Documentation: Data Products Catalog
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: A Delicate Balance: Signs of Change in the Tropics - New data sets were also used from NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments that fly aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) as well as the newer Terra satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES First Light Images: Image of the Day - These two Terra instruments join a previous CERES scanner on the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) which was launched on November 27, 1997
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- HDF Scientific Data Set (SDS) Information Utility Readme
- Readme Information on the CERES BDS Data Sets
- View HDF Version 5 Readme
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- Read Software Package - CERES BDS_Terra-FM1 - Direct File Download (.zip)
SCIENCE DATA PRODUCT SOFTWARE DOCUMENTATION
- NASA Earthdata Forum - CERES
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- LONGWAVE RADIATION
- VISIBLE RADIANCE
- INFRARED RADIANCE
- SINK TEMPERATURE
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- SENSOR COUNTS
- Converted Temperatures
- Converted Voltages and Torques
- Shortwave (SW) Detector Output
- Shortwave (SW) Filtered Upward Radiance
- Total Detector Output
- Total Filtered Radiance Upwards
- Window (Wn) Detector Output
- Window (Wn) Filtered Radiance Upwards
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2000-02-29 - Present