Entry Title: MISR Level 3 FIRSTLOOK Global Aerosol product in netCDF format covering a month V002
Entry ID: MI3MAENF_2
Resources and Documentation
GET RELATED VISUALIZATION
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: MISR
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- ASDC Data and Information for MISR
- ASDC Overview of MISR File Naming and Versioning Conventions
- Links to tools available through the ASDC
- MISR Observing Concept Fact Sheet
- Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR) Overview Fact Sheet
- MISR Workshop Presentations, June 2002 - August 2010
- Obtaining MISR Data and Information, Presented by Jeff Walter Atmospheric Science Data Center - April 17, 2009 - Direct File Download (.ppt)
- MISR Level 3 Component Products Quality Statement - December 1, 2005
- MISR Level 3 Joint Aerosol Product Quality Statement - October 15, 2012
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- Data Product Specification for MISR Data Products
- Data Product Specification for MISR V4.2 Software Delivery Updates - Revision P, November 19, 2007
- Data Product Specification for Specific Products MISR Data Products
- MISR Science Data Product Guide - May 7, 2012
- ASDC Overview of MISR Data Versioning Index
- ASDC overview of MISR Level 3 Land Surface and Aerosol Versioning
- MISR Level 3 Current Monthly, Seasonal and Annual Production Report
- MISR Peer-Reviewed Publications
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Looking at the Moon to Better See Earth - Terra satellite performs manuver that allows all nine of MISR's camera to capture images of the moon.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Squeezing Water from Rock - Survivors of the New Madrid earthquakes reported not only intense ground shaking and land movement, but also an unfamiliar phenomenon of water and sand spouting up through cracks in the Earth's surface.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tracking Clouds - Tune in to the evening weather report on any given day, and you'll no doubt see satellite images of clouds.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Aerosols over Australia - Researchers explore the links between atmospheric aerosols, climate change, and ultraviolet rays.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Cloudy with a chance of Drizzle - By analyzing data from the MISR instrument, scientists discover that a unique type of cloud formation is much more prevalent than was previously believed.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Following the World Trade Center plume - Remote sensing helps track the drift of harmful pollutants following the World Trade Center collapse.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Smoke over Athens - The effects of forest fires show up in a multi-satellite view of pollution.
- NASA JPL Images: Tropical Storm Harvey over Texas - After making landfall as a Category 4 hurricane the day before, striking images are captured by MISR as the storm maintained a dangerous tropical storm status.
- NASA JPL Photojournal: New Images of Irma's Towering Clouds - MISR passes over Irma over the Dominican Republic as a Category 5 hurricane.
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- AEROSOL OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS
- AEROSOL EXTINCTION
- AIR QUALITY
- AEROSOL PARTICLE PROPERTIES
- Average Aerosol Optical Depth
- Cirrus Optical Depth
- Column Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD)
- Optical Depth
- Stratospheric Aerosol Optical Depth
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Longitude Resolution: 0.5 Degree
Latitude Resolution: 0.5 Degree
Horizontal Resolution Range: 50 km - < 100 km or approximately .5 degree - < 1 degree
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2007-06-01 - Present
Temporal Resolution: Month