CERES NOAA-20 Product Announcement
April 5, 2022, 1:17 p.m.
The Radiation Budget Science Project (RBSP)/CERES science team announces the release of the CERES NOAA-20 Edition 1 data product suite. This is the first release of the full suite of CERES products for this instrument, CERES FM6. This edition supersedes the Edition 1-CV (cal/val) limited product release.
Edition 1 NOAA-20 products include:
- Level-1B Bidirectional Scans (BDS) – CER_BDS_NOAA20-FM6_Edition1
- Level-2 Single Scanner Footprint (SSF) – CER_SSF_NOAA20-FM6-VIIRS_Edition1B
- Level-3 ToA Fluxes, Clouds, and Aerosols:
- Regionally-averaged, Hourly (SSF1deg-Hour)– CER_SSF1deg-Hour_NOAA20-VIIRS_Edition1B
- Daily (SSF1deg-Day) – CER_SSF1deg-Day_NOAA20-VIIRS_Edition1B
- Monthly (SSF1deg-Month) – CER_SSF1deg-Month_NOAA20-VIIRS_Edition1B
- ERBE-like products (ES) ES4, ES8, and ES9
These products are available from May 2018 to January 2022, with forward processing continuing as more data become available.
Information about this new data product, including data availability, user documentation, quality statements, relevant links, tools for working with the data, etc. can be found at the following Atmospheric Science Data Center (ASDC) link:
and at the CERES website:
For questions regarding data usage, please ask us on the Earthdata Forum
Related URLS: https://asdc.larc.nasa.gov/project/CERES