Entry Title: CERES Energy Balanced and Filled (EBAF) TOA Monthly means data in netCDF Edition4.1
Entry ID: CERES_EBAF-TOA_Edition4.1
Clouds Radiation Budget
Resources and Documentation
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: CERES
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- CERES_EBAF_Ed4.1 Data Quality Summary
- ASDC Data and Information for CERES
- ASDC List of CERES Examples: Spatial Extent and Scan Modes
- CERES Documentation
- CERES EBAF-TOA Data Set Abstract
- CERES General Product Info
- CERES Overview of Aqua
- CERES Overview of Terra
- Overview of HDF
- Advances in Top-of-Atmosphere Radiative Flux Estimation from the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) Satellite Instrument
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Aqua CERES First Light: Image of the Day - The Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instrument is one of six on board the Aqua satellite.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Detects Earth's Heat and Energy: Image of the Day - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) monitors solar energy reflected from the Earth and heat energy emitted from the Earth.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: CERES Global Cloud Fraction - Each map combines observations from the CERES sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites collected on December 27, 2008
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Does the Earth Have an Iris Analog - Sensors on the TRMM and Terra satellite missions routinely measure these cloud physical properties, which scientists will match in time and space with CERES.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: First Monthly CERES Global Longwave and Shortwave Radiation - These measurements were acquired by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors during March 2000.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Net Radiation - The measurements were made by the Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) sensors on NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Space-based Observations of the Earth (Thermal radiation emitted from the Earth's surface and clouds on March 1, 2000 as seen by the Clouds and Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES))
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Terra Spacecraft Fact Sheet - Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) CERES will measure the Earth's energy balance—comparing the amount of energy from the sun that...
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Arctic Is Absorbing More Sunlight - The radiation measurements were made by NASA's Clouds and the Earth's Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments which fly on multiple satellites.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: The Water Cycle - MODIS, CERES, and AIRS all collect data relevant to the study of clouds.
- CERES Input Data Sources
REQUIREMENTS AND DESIGN
- CERES TOA Radiative Flux Reference Level
SCIENCE DATA PRODUCT VALIDATION
- NASA Earthdata Forum - CERES
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- CLOUD FRACTION > CLOUD PROPERTIES
- OUTGOING LONGWAVE RADIATION
- CLOUD OPTICAL DEPTH/THICKNESS > CLOUD MICROPHYSICS
- NET RADIATION
- SOLAR RADIATION
- RADIATIVE FLUX
- RADIATIVE FORCING
- LONGWAVE RADIATION
- INCOMING SOLAR RADIATION
- SOLAR IRRADIANCE
- SHORTWAVE RADIATION
- All-Sky TOA (Top of Atmosphere) Net Balanced Flux
- Clear-Sky (Spatially Complete) TOA (Top of Atmosphere) Net Balanced Flux
- Cloud Radiative Forcing
- Cloud Effective Temperature
- Cloud Effective Pressure
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Longitude Resolution: 1 degree
Latitude Resolution: 1 degree
Horizontal Resolution Range: 100 km - < 250 km or approximately 1 degree - < 2.5 degrees
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2000-03-01 - Present
Temporal Resolution: month