Entry Title: MISR Level 3 Component Global Land product in netCDF format covering a day V004
Entry ID: MIL3DLSN_4
Citation Styles for this Dataset
Resources and Documentation
GET RELATED VISUALIZATION
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: MISR
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- ASDC Data and Information for MISR
- ASDC Overview of MISR File Naming and Versioning Conventions
- Links to tools available through the ASDC
- MISR Observing Concept Fact Sheet
- Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR) Overview Fact Sheet
- MISR Workshop Presentations, June 2002 - August 2010
- Obtaining MISR Data and Information, Presented by Jeff Walter Atmospheric Science Data Center - April 17, 2009 - Direct File Download (.ppt)
- MISR Level 3 Component Products Quality Statement - December 1, 2005
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- Data Product Specification for MISR Data Products
- Data Product Specification for MISR V4.2 Software Delivery Updates - Revision P, November 19, 2007
- Data Product Specification for Specific Products MISR Data Products
- Data Product Specification for the MISR Level 3 Component Global Land Surface Product - Incorporating the Science Data Processing Interface Control Document
- MISR Science Data Product Guide - May 7, 2012
- ASDC Overview of MISR Data Versioning Index
- ASDC overview of MISR Level 3 Land Surface and Aerosol Versioning
- MISR Level 3 Daily Production Report
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Looking at the Moon to Better See Earth - Terra satellite performs manuver that allows all nine of MISR's camera to capture images of the moon.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Squeezing Water from Rock - Survivors of the New Madrid earthquakes reported not only intense ground shaking and land movement, but also an unfamiliar phenomenon of water and sand spouting up through cracks in the Earth's surface.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tracking Clouds - Tune in to the evening weather report on any given day, and you'll no doubt see satellite images of clouds.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Aerosols over Australia - Researchers explore the links between atmospheric aerosols, climate change, and ultraviolet rays.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Cloudy with a chance of Drizzle - By analyzing data from the MISR instrument, scientists discover that a unique type of cloud formation is much more prevalent than was previously believed.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Following the World Trade Center plume - Remote sensing helps track the drift of harmful pollutants following the World Trade Center collapse.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Smoke over Athens - The effects of forest fires show up in a multi-satellite view of pollution.
- NASA JPL Images: Tropical Storm Harvey over Texas - After making landfall as a Category 4 hurricane the day before, striking images are captured by MISR as the storm maintained a dangerous tropical storm status.
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- PLANT CHARACTERISTICS
- VEGETATION COVER
- LEAF AREA INDEX (LAI) > LEAF CHARACTERISTICS
- CANOPY CHARACTERISTICS
- VEGETATION INDEX > LAND USE/LAND COVER CLASSIFICATION
- PHOTOSYNTHETICALLY ACTIVE RADIATION
- NORMALIZED DIFFERENCE VEGETATION INDEX (NDVI) > VEGETATION INDEX > LAND USE/LAND COVER CLASSIFICATION
- LAND USE/LAND COVER
- LEAF CHARACTERISTICS
- ATMOSPHERIC RADIATION
- LAND USE/LAND COVER CLASSIFICATION
- Bidirectional Reflectance Factor (BRF)
- Bihemispherical Reflectance
- Directional Hemispherical Reflectance
- Directional Reflectance Factor
- Fractional Absorbed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (FAPAR)
- LAI (Leaf Area Index)
- Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)
- Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR)
- Radiant Exitance
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Longitude Resolution: 0.5 Degree
Latitude Resolution: 0.5 Degree
Horizontal Resolution Range: 50 km - < 100 km or approximately .5 degree - < 1 degree
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2000-02-25 - Present
Temporal Resolution: Daily