Entry Title: MISR Level 3 Component Global Aerosol Product covering a day subset for the UAE region
Entry ID: UAEMRDAE_4
Aerosols Clouds Radiation Budget
UAEMRDAE_4 is the Multi-angle Imaging SpecrtroRadiometer (MISR) Level 3 Component Global Aerosol Product covering a day subset for the UAE region version 4. It contains a statistical summary of column aerosol 555 nanometer optical depth, and a monthly aerosol compositional type frequency histogram. This data product is a regional summary of the Level 2 aerosol parameters of interest averaged over a day and reported on a geographic grid, with resolution of 0.5 degree by 0.5 degree. The MISR instrument consists of nine pushbroom cameras which measure radiance in four spectral bands. Global coverage is achieved in nine days. The cameras are arranged with one camera pointing toward the nadir, four cameras pointing forward, and four cameras pointing aftward. It takes seven minutes for all nine cameras to view the same surface location. The view angles relative to the surface reference ellipsoid, are 0, 26.1, 45.6, 60.0, and 70.5 degrees. The spectral band shapes are nominally Gaussian, centered at 443, 555, 670, and 865 nm.
Resources and Documentation
GET RELATED VISUALIZATION
GOTO WEB TOOL
PROFESSIONAL HOME PAGE
PROJECT HOME PAGE
VIEW RELATED INFORMATION
- NASA EOS ATB Documents: MISR
ALGORITHM THEORETICAL BASIS DOCUMENT (ATBD)
- How to cite ASDC data
DATA CITATION POLICY
- MISR Quality Statements - September 30, 2014
- MISR Quality Statements - September 30, 2014
- ASDC Data and Information for MISR
- ASDC Overview of MISR File Naming and Versioning Conventions
- ASDC webpage for MISR Regional UAE Imagery Overview
- Links to tools available through the ASDC
- MISR Observing Concept Fact Sheet
- Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR) Overview Fact Sheet
- UAE Local Mode Sites Table
- MISR Workshop Presentations, June 2002 - August 2010
- Obtaining MISR Data and Information, Presented by Jeff Walter Atmospheric Science Data Center - April 17, 2009 - Direct File Download (.ppt)
- ASDC MISR Acquisition Schedule for UAE2
- MISR Level 3 Component Products Quality Statement - December 1, 2005
- MISR Level 3 Joint Aerosol Product Quality Statement - October 15, 2012
PRODUCT QUALITY ASSESSMENT
- Data Product Specification for the MISR Level 3 Component Global Aerosol Product - Incorporating the Science Data Processing Interface Control Document
- Data Product Specification for MISR Data Products
- Data Product Specification for MISR V4.2 Software Delivery Updates - Revision P, November 19, 2007
- Data Product Specification for Specific Products MISR Data Products
- MISR Science Data Product Guide - May 7, 2012
- ASDC Overview of MISR Data Versioning Index
- ASDC overview of MISR Level 3 Land Surface and Aerosol Versioning
- MISR Level 3 Daily Production Report
- MISR Peer-Reviewed Publications
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Looking at the Moon to Better See Earth - Terra satellite performs manuver that allows all nine of MISR's camera to capture images of the moon.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Squeezing Water from Rock - Survivors of the New Madrid earthquakes reported not only intense ground shaking and land movement, but also an unfamiliar phenomenon of water and sand spouting up through cracks in the Earth's surface.
- NASA Earth Observatory Article: Tracking Clouds - Tune in to the evening weather report on any given day, and you'll no doubt see satellite images of clouds.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Aerosols over Australia - Researchers explore the links between atmospheric aerosols, climate change, and ultraviolet rays.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Cloudy with a chance of Drizzle - By analyzing data from the MISR instrument, scientists discover that a unique type of cloud formation is much more prevalent than was previously believed.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Following the World Trade Center plume - Remote sensing helps track the drift of harmful pollutants following the World Trade Center collapse.
- NASA Earthdata Content Delivery Network (CDN) Article: Smoke over Athens - The effects of forest fires show up in a multi-satellite view of pollution.
- NASA JPL Images: Tropical Storm Harvey over Texas - After making landfall as a Category 4 hurricane the day before, striking images are captured by MISR as the storm maintained a dangerous tropical storm status.
- NASA JPL Photojournal: New Images of Irma's Towering Clouds - MISR passes over Irma over the Dominican Republic as a Category 5 hurricane.
- NASA Earthdata Forum - MISR Project Specific Forum
USER FEEDBACK PAGE
From GCMD Science Keywords:
- AIR QUALITY
- AEROSOL PARTICLE PROPERTIES
- AEROSOL EXTINCTION
- Column Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD)
- Stratospherical Aerosol Optical Depth
Note: "Get Dataset" is a link to our recommended order method. The down arrow will show you additional options.
Spatial Coverage Type: Horizontal
Longitude Resolution: 0.5 Degree
Latitude Resolution: 0.5 Degree
Horizontal Resolution Range: 10 km - < 50 km or approximately .09 degree - < .5 degree
Coordinate System: Cartesian
Granule Spatial Representation: Cartesian
Temporal Coverage: 2004-07-01 - 2004-10-05
Temporal Resolution: Daily